RENO FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS SPECIALIZING IN DIVORCE WITH CHILDREN
Carlson & Work is here to assist your family with navigating a divorce with children. When litigating a divorce with children, the court will divide the parties’ assets and debts in addition to ordering a custody and visitation schedule for the children.
FACTORS DETERMINED BY THE COURT
When parties with children divorce, the Court will determine child support upon confirming the child custody and visitation schedule. Carlson & Work represents parties divorcing with children and assists with determining sole and community property as well as arguing the best interests of the children under Nevada law.
NRSc.0035 states that the family court should consider the following when addressing the best interest of the child:
- the child’s ability to maintain contact with siblings
- the mental and physical health of both parents
- the child’s physical and emotional needs
- any history of abuse
- the child’s wishes, if the child is of sufficient age and intelligence to decide
- the child’s relationship with each parent
- the level of conflict between the parents
- whether either parent has committed an act of abduction against the child or any other child
- each parent’s willingness to encourage a relationship between the child and the co-parent
If you need assistance navigating through the complexities of a divorce, please contact Carlson & Work today!
DIVORCE LAW BLOG RESOURCES
Change in Circumstances & Child Custody In Reno, Nevada, it is not uncommon for a parent or child’s circumstances to change after a judge has